Skip to content
On a secluded hilltop above Sonoma County’s famed wine country, views of the Russian River Valley from this 1949 Cliff May-inspired ranch span three hundred and sixty degrees. Autumn views to rolling vineyards beyond are framed by 100–year–old oaks, drought-tolerant gardens, and bocce court designed in collaboration with Emerisa Gardens of Sonoma.
Previously uncelebrated views down the valley are visible through windows that wrap the redwood-clad Breakfast Room. A custom corner banquette is lined in the same warm redwood and topped with a soft linen slipcovered seat.
The former combined kitchen and service wing was fully transformed to better accommodate 21st – century living. A wall paneled in locally harvested redwood separates a bright new Kitchen, Breakfast Room, and Study.
Gentlemanly bark paper in the Owner’s Study is reminiscent of original Australian red mahogany paneling restored elsewhere throughout the house. Wide, glazed pocket doors separate the Kitchen from the Study for privacy without sacrificing views.
Travertine tiles line the redesigned Master Bath, which incorporates the original cast iron bathtub alongside all new fixtures and fittings. A Guest Bath is reworked into a serene sanctuary, with walls lined with fresh, green glazed subway tile.